top of page

relationship crisis

National Family Mediation -
A network of local not-for-profit Family Mediation Services in England and Wales which offers help to couples, married or unmarried, who are in the process of separation and divorce. There is a list of local offices on their website.

Couple Connection –  
Couple Connection empowers you to work on your relationship for yourself. The website provides a wide range of articles, self-assessment tools, activities, quizzes and exercises to help you to improve and strengthen your relationship. Research shows that talking to others and sharing experiences can also be very empowering so an important part of the service is the forum and the X Listening Room. The forum is moderated by a team of counsellors with lots of experience of helping couples as they work things out in their relationship. They facilitate the forums providing guidance and additional help wherever needed.  Once registered you can access your own completely anonymous private "space". Here you can set personal goals and access exercises and resources all designed to help tackle common relationship issues.

Relate -  
Relate offers advice, relationship counselling, sex therapy, workshops, mediation, consultations and support face-to-face, by phone and through its website. There is a list of local offices on the website - 0300 100 1234 as well as list of books they’ve written relating to relationship problems and divorce. Also, under the name RelaTeen, it provides a service for young people.

Marriage Care – 
Specialises in helping couples – married or not – build and sustain strong, fulfilling, healthy relationships, and in providing support in times of relationship difficulty.

Care for the Family -  
Care for the Family is a national charity which aims to promote strong family life and to help those who face family difficulties. It also aims to help those who are building step-families.

Resolution -  
Resolution is a national organisation of family lawyers committed to non-confrontational divorce and separation. Members encourage solutions that consider the needs of the whole family and in particular the best interests of children. Their website offers an online advice centre for parents and children.  They publish a useful leaflet entitled "Separation and Divorce" to help parents to help their children.
  Watch this video to find out more

British Association for Counselling -
The BAC is the society for individuals and organisations committed to counselling in the UK. The association will assist in helping to find a counsellor with appropriate experience in your area.

Family Mediators Association -

Each separation has its own unique problems; the Family Mediators Association is a national body of qualified family mediators who can help you manage these difficulties.
With the help of a mediator you just might be able to sit in the same room and have some meaningful dialogue about what is best for both of you and the children.  Search facility available on this website to find a family mediator near you.

Association of Christian Counsellors -  0845 124 9569

<< back​

To book on a local course or to chat to someone
click on your nearest location from the ‘locations’ list

bottom of page